Monday 26 May 2014

Blankets Galore!

As usual I've been working on several projects at once: the Rainbow Ripple Blanket is now finished, unless I decide to do a border down the side edges!

My Flower Garden Blanket is coming along nicely........
and I've just finished two more blankets! My Autumn Gold blanket which featured in one of my very first posts



I love these colours and am really pleased with how this has turned out.


I decided to do a shell shaped border: multiple rows in each of the colours. Yarn guzzling but I like it!







I also finished this.......






which I am calling my Sherbet blanket because it reminds me SO much of the rainbow sherbet we used to get in paper bags from the little sweet shop when I was a kid! I was always fascinated by how they got it into the jars in rows of colour, just like a rainbow.


I did multiple rows of the shell border on this one too




and I started experimenting with knitting a matching hooded coat.....
I want to design an open, lacy pattern that will match the openness of the crochet
This one seems to work. I'll keep you posted on how it progresses.......

I also spent some time today re-opening my Etsy shop, which has been closed for a long time since my Mum became ill and I went to look after her and my Dad. Anyway, I have started listing my hoodies and blankets for sale again there and will be adding a page of links to my blog over the next few days if anyone is interested. For now, you can find my shop here if you want to take a look.

Well, now I'll get back to one of my projects - just can't decide which one.......

But, before I go, just have a look at my pretty little Violas that I planted a few weeks ago and mentioned in an earlier post
I just love them! They are SO cute!

Well, bye for now .......
Ok, what shall it be? Knitting or hooking? Rainbow Ripple or Flower garden? Border or no border? Decisions, decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment